GOZO VACANCY: SOCIAL AWARENESS FACILITATOR
(Full-Time or Part-Time)
OASI Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote and uphold Primary Prevention, Immediate Intervention and an Intensive Therapeutic Programme for treatment of persons suffering addiction.
The position advertised will undertake the following duties in order to promote better understanding, within the community, of the nature of our services.
- Support and participate in the OASI Social Awareness activities programmes;
- Design and deliver sessions on topical Social Awareness subjects to parents, youths, employers, in the community, in the Residential Unit and wherever opportunities arise;
- Provide information sessions in all social areas and strata to create awareness and understanding of addiction and advise on the support available for dealing with addiction;
- Generate written contributions of relevant interest to the public for inclusion in the Foundation’s periodical magazine: oasi.kom;
- Undertake Media Communication including radio and TV presentations;
- Assist in the planning and organization of all OASI Social Awareness events and activities;
- Present proposals for new projects and initiatives to enhance the Social Awareness activities;
- Continue to promote OASI by identifying areas where dissemination of information could assure and increase further the moral and financial support of the general public to the Foundation;
- Support volunteers in the services they offer to the Foundation;
- Assist in all areas of the Foundation's services.
Applicants should have relevant experience aligned to the responsibilities of the position or possess a qualification in the Social Sciences at MQF level 6.
Speak, read and write fluently in both Maltese and English. Long term commitment as well as the skills and ability to work unaccompanied are essential. On going training is provided.
Experience and qualifications will be taken into consideration.
Applications, including a cover letter in own handwriting expressing motivation, a personal CV, 2 references from past work or placements experiences, and a current Police Conduct Report are to reach Human Resources, OASI Foundation, 5, Wied Sara Street, Victoria VCT2963, Gozo or [email protected] Applications should be submitted by 1 February 2021.
In view of the current Covid-19 situation, necessary steps are being taken to ensure a safe application process.